Saturday 19 May 2018

Will I at 65 face my future nightmare of a coronation?

Despite a YouGov survey found 66 percent of British people were uninterested in the upcoming nuptials -- with around a third "not interested at all". Republicans like myself should be wary hoping that this signifies  a major change in attitude
The poll, commissioned by anti-monarchy campaign group Republic, questioned 1,615 Britons over two days late last week.
Its release comes just four days before Prince Harry and American actress Meghan Markle tie the knot at St George's Chapel in the grounds of Windsor Castle in a pomp-filled occasion.
The survey found just nine percent of Britons were "very interested" in the wedding, with only around a quarter (27 percent) planning to watch or listen to parts of the ceremony live on TV, radio or online.
The poll also suggested dissatisfaction at public expenditure on the wedding.
More than half of the respondents said the royals should "pay for the entire wedding" and three-quarters reported not wanting any taxes to be used for the event.

However  we are approaching the time when we are going to have to witness two Royal Funerals and a coronation.

The Queen is 92 and her husband 96 and clearly ailing and if e goes first then she may decide to abdicate.

So we may have to face a coronation in a very short time and I wonder if Nicola Sturgeon is considering this  when faced with calls for a Second Independence Referendum .

If the BBC coverage leading  up to today is anything to go by then we will be faced with a year of  royalist and de facto unionist propaganda. Holding Indy2 would be hard under these circumstances.

How much licence payers money has been spent on this can we acall for am audit

I have probably seen my last Pro14 match on a Friday night as the BBC lose their contract. Could the BBC's sycophantic weeks of this bloody wedding have paid for them t keep the Pro14?


On a personal note whilst I will have to put up with this, it may be that I will avoid  my nightmare.

I am five years younger than Charles  so I may avoid this nightmare  which involves me being in a nursing home unable to speak and having a union flag thrust into my hand

Will at I 65 face and a republican face my future  nightmare of a coronation? Ending up like this 


 Charles is very likely to live longer than me and as  George is now 4 and not likely to marry until he 30 , so I may avoid another Royal Wedding albite by death.

So a glimmer of hope there .







No comments: